On the following post I will try to answer the question what is better for flying drones – Mobile phone or tablet?
For connecting the tablet to the remote controller, you need adapter and longer cable (Longer than the cable that comes with the drone). Both adapter and cable cost is $20.
I’m using the following:
- Tablet- = old iPad, 7 inch size (5th generation released in 2017)
- Phone – Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus 6,2 inch
- Drone – DJI Mini 2
- Tablet Adapter – Adjustable Tablet Extended Bracket Holder for DJI Mini 2/Air 2S/Mavic 3/Air 2/Mini 3 Pro Drone Remote Controller 7-10.5 Inch Tablet Clip Stand Mount Extender
- Tablet cable – Skyreat 1.14 ft / 35 cm USB C to iOS Phone Cable
*The DJI Mini 2 remote controller it’s the same remote controller that use also for Mini Pro 3, Mavic 3, Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S.
The Tablet have larger screen while the phone is smaller and provide better portability.
Using Phone While Flying Drones Pros
- Portability – The phone is small, and we are anyway going to anywhere with it?
- Light weight
- We go everywhere with our cell phone
Using Phone While Flying Drones Cons
- Small screen – you can see less details
Using Tablet While Flying Drones Pros
- Large screen – you can see much more details and it’s easier to shoot
Using Tablet While Flying Drones Cons
- Heavier – larger device has more weight
- Not fit in to the original DJI carrying Case
It’s easier to shoot with the tablet. On the larger screen you can see much more details so its defiantly easier and better from using the phone for shooting. I think that best is using them both, in cases that you need portability – use the phone on the other cases use the tablet. I’m using 5 years old iPad as my tablet and it’s working great.
How to Buy the Best Drones at Low Costs